SaabCentral Forums banner

bov honking sound

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Marks900SE 
#1 ·
1998 saab 93 turbo i changed my bpv in to bov using the stock valve soon as i did this iv started hearing honking sounds is this bad and should i change it back it dosnt do this all the time only when im boosting up pleas help

#3 ·
Chances are it was already making that noise, you just couldnt hear it till you turned it into a BOV. The stock units use a rubber diaphram which can crack and tear usually resulting in the Hooting/Honking. And as JZW said replace it or get a real BOV.

#7 ·
john559 said:
i modified the air box by cutting of the bottom now the honking seems to have stopped and i get more boost and wooooosh is louder can anyone explain
What exactly did you cut off? There can be negative effect by messing with the intake. If you create rough openings the intake air could actually not flow as smoothe or as much. There is a flare on the end of the stock intake tube (part that goes into the bumper) for a reason.

When you mod the box, Ive found this is the best solution. K&N filter and a 3" intake tube with a flared end...

Compaired to some cone filters, this setup actually works better...Ive tried the cone filter thing after having this and noticed a decrease of performance.

The louder Whoosh is same as if you got a cone air, you open up more piping so you can hear more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.