SaabCentral Forums banner

Need Carbon-Fibre hood

2K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  liketheword 
#1 ·
I actually need a hood, not just want! Well, it could be OEM, since they don't have an aftermarket, but I'd like to save weight since I will surely do suspension upgrades because the car is a convertible. Does anybody have a CF hood for sale? I have two hoods at the shop, but they were used on my 1994 900 when it was green, which means larger holes for the sprayer nozzles.

#2 ·
Why not take your current hood off, get a mold done, then have the carbon fiber hood made of that. In the meantime you can roll without your hood and scare rice away without getting the chance to jump on them ;). But in all seriousness unless your overseas in sweden and come accross somebody who has one they wan't to off load I don't think you'll find one unless you sweet talk Kevin Yankton into doing you one. Good luck with the hunt.

#9 ·
you made ashtrays in grade school? wowza!

anyways i really would love to learn how to do carbon fiber...but i dont even know where to start learning something like that

i was seriously thinking of buying the molds and making some for the people on here...ugh lol

anyone got suggestions where to start learning carbon fiber?

#13 ·
NVSBANDIT said:

anyways i really would love to learn how to do carbon fiber...but i dont even know where to start learning something like that

i was seriously thinking of buying the molds and making some for the people on here...ugh lol

anyone got suggestions where to start learning carbon fiber?
Google it!!!!

#16 ·
NVSBANDIT said:
haha make me look so silly just because i pointed out you made ashtrays in gradeschool jerk
I don't know how u took that, but it wasn't ment as a insult, or anything else, All I ment by it was that maybe you could Google carbon fiber making and find a site or a book on it... Sorry I din't mean anything else from it.

P.S. I found your response to my ash try making funny as hell...
Lighten up Im not being a Jerk...:D

here's a :cheesy: to brighten your day!!

#17 ·
There is a definite need for some sort of carbon body parts for Saabs. Like come on, I can find four different kinds of carbon hoods for a 93 sunfire, but not one for a Saab.

Ever think of just cutting out parts of the hood, and fibreglassing over them. that way it woul leave the structure intact, but lighten it up a bit.

#18 ·
If you can't find cf which you probably will not be able too, take hood off, get a dremel and cut all the metal criss-cross supports leaving the small places like where the hinges and the hood support attach. This will cut some weight off for sure and is what a lot of people do if they want to save weight on race cars and such. I have done it on my 911, 914, 510, etc...

The hood becomes flimsy, but just take care when opening and closing, and since you have 2 you might as well give it a shot.
ooops, what he said above.

#25 ·
NVSBANDIT said:
Troll_speed said:
Keep up skool, yull lern 2 spell gooder
Troll_speed said:
Lol,I'm gonna use Bamboo, it's the material of the future!
These 3 comments in this thread made me ROFL @ work! Thanks alot jerks now people think I am jolly! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.