SaabCentral Forums banner

window tint pictures?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  20Ted 
#1 ·
Aybody have pictures of their tinted windows? I might want to do this to my conv thats coming

#2 · (Edited)
I have 35% on the front windows and 15% on the back windows and the hatch. I'm pretty happy with it. The installer told me if I went any darker on the fronts I'd get a ticket. Well, a NYS Trooper asked to see my front windows on the side of the Northern State Parkway, LI, and he let me go. Works for me. Bad pictures, though, sorry. And yep, the side markers were replaced with the smoked version long ago. Anyway, with mine, during the daylight you can easily see through the windows, not the hatch though, that pretty much just looks black all the time which is good. At night if there's a street light nearby you'll see through it but if not, it's all black. No regrets. It only helps the look of your car. Go for it. Cost me $140 about a year ago.

#4 ·
straycatkid said:
I have 35% on the front windows and 15% on the back windows and the hatch. I'm pretty happy with it. The installer told me if I went any darker on the fronts I'd get a ticket. Well, a NYS Trooper asked to see my front windows on the side of the Northern State Parkway, LI, and he let me go. Works for me. Bad pictures, though, sorry. And yep, the side markers were replaced with the smoked version long ago. Anyway, with mine, during the daylight you can easily see through the windows, not the hatch though, that pretty much just looks black all the time which is good. At night if there's a street light nearby you'll see through it but if not, it's all black. No regrets. It only helps the look of your car. Go for it. Cost me $140 about a year ago.

I love those wheels!

#8 · (Edited)
They shared the bumpers, painted mirror covers and side skirts but the Aero had the 2.0 Turbo engine not the 2.3. The dash is wood grain instead of the grey on the Viggen. The seats are the SE leather not the cushioned Viggen seats. The wheels are the double Y spokes and the rear pedastle spoiler instead of the Viggen spoiler. No Viggen emblems but the word Aero on both the front fenders. The Aero had the possibility of having the auto box but not with the Viggen that was available with the 5 speed only. There are many more small details probably but these are the most visible details that identifies each of them easily at first glance :cheesy:

Edit:
The Areo also has the shark fin antenna and the regular electric mast but the Viggen has the roof Antenna and no electric antenna

Australia and the UK may have diffrences in equipment for the Aero as well so that may not be accurate for all countries.

#16 ·
Anyone have pics of verts with tint? Both top up and top down...

straycatkid said:
Sorry if this is off-topic but could someone explain the 99-02 9-3 Aero? I understand that they weren't available in the US which is why I'm not too familiar with them. Looks like they had the Viggen body... and what else? Thanks.
Take a look at a 2003 9-3 SE convertible with the Sport Kit (Viggen kit, Viggen seats, 17" double-three spoke wheels, sport steering wheel, and carbon fibre dash...) - that is the Aero (the oneversion that WAS available in the US - just wasn't called an Aero :confused: )...looks like a Viggen, but with the 2.0 HOT engine and normal suspension...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.