SaabCentral Forums banner

TD04-15T turbo

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  stevehayes01 
#1 ·
I have a question for anyone who can answer. I have a TD04-15T turbo, the compressor wheel is damaged, now... Should I buy a new 15T wheel or should I upgrade to an 18T or 18G compressor wheel??:confused: Oh yea, turbo has been completely rebuilt.

Suggestions?

'94 900 SE
FMIC (28x3x8)
3" DP
Stage 3 ECU
MBC+a

#4 ·
Ok, I've decided what I'm going to do with my turbo!:cheesy:

I've been told, "If you're gonna do it, go balls out!"

I'm getting a 19T wheel put on and housing machined:cheesy::cheesy:
I think this should be good for a few more horses. This is the biggest wheel that will fit in the TD04-15T housing, so I've been told.

#6 ·
secret_weapon said:
Ok, I've decided what I'm going to do with my turbo!:cheesy:

I've been told, "If you're gonna do it, go balls out!"

I'm getting a 19T wheel put on and housing machined:cheesy::cheesy:
I think this should be good for a few more horses. This is the biggest wheel that will fit in the TD04-15T housing, so I've been told.
I highly recommend you don't do this.

1. the wheel will need a massive clip, and a ton of material will need to be removed from the housing

2. you will have to get a custom tune with crazy amounts of timing pulled and pretty rich to kill those massive egt's. which will limit power greatly

3. LAG!!

stick to an 18t you'll be much happier.

#7 ·
Thanks for the input guys! I will definitely take your suggestions into consideration. Has anyone tried doing this upgrade? Life is not lived to the fullest if no risks are taken. :D

I will put on wideband and egt sensor and monitor closely. I also need to take some pics!

It has 6cm not 5.:nono;

#9 ·
the 19T will need tons of tuning like mentioned earlier but as long as your prepared for the custom tuning bill then go for it.

The 18T can still be a semi mailbox tune for you since that is a standard upgrade and most of the tuners should be able to get you a 90% tune without seeing the car.

Do you have a shop picked out to do the upgrade? if not look at these guys.

http://www.gpopshop.com/index.html

They quoted me $250 to take my 15T to a 18T with them doing all the work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.