SaabCentral Forums banner

Kansas City Saabers, looking for another meet!

2K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  KC9-3SE 
#1 ·
Alright, the trigger has been pulled. Today, I just ordered some new rear pads from eEuroParts and made another performance enhancing mod purchase. I just ordered the Steering rack clamp!

So kinda like last time, with the front pads and rear sway bar, I'm requiring some assistance.

Also, since I just found out that I could be moving within the next month or so, I would definitely like to get these new parts installed as soon as they arrive.

Jim and Pete, and any others willing to give a hand in the Kansas City area, would you be up to another meet?

If the parts arrive in a timely manner, the part from GS should arrive tomorrow with the pads arriving in about a week or so, I'm looking forward to a time frame around May 12th or May 19th. May 12 is the day before mothers day, so I'm not sure if that is going to be a problem, but May 19th is really close to the day in which I may be moving.

Post some ideas because I would most definitely like to see you guys again and meet another couple new faces as well as working on something we like, our Saabs.

Times and availability for those interested would be greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello and nice to meet you! Thus far, I only know of about 3 other KC area Saab fans, despite contrary to the number of owners you see elsewhere in the city.

Anyone else in the area interested in said meet? Just two for a meet wouldn't be very fun, imo.

#4 ·
Hmm, not sure right at the moment. I don't think I'd be able to do the 12th, I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled just before that, I'm probably not gonna be in much of a condition to do anything at that point. 19th is a possibility, though I don't have any current projects for my car, and I need to start MAKING money again instead of spending it. I'll check back in a week or so and see then.

#5 ·
Then it seems like the 19th would be a better bet thus far. The 12th is after all the day before mothers day, and if anyone is going out of town, I don't want this to encroach on family time.

Plus, I will have gotten paid, so I might be able to bring some munchies along as well.

#7 ·
Sounds like a plan but does anyone have the tools for a rear brake pad job? Maybe even a torque wrench? I have some tools, but probably not the stuff needed to get the jobs I need some.

#9 ·
Hello Jim! I thought that scheduling might have been an issue, guess it's a good idea to post these fyi's well in advanced.

Any word on your availability?

#11 ·
Sorry for the triple posts, but just in case Jim isn't available, I know a guy at work who has all the tools needed to do virtually everything for our cars.

#12 ·
hey kansas saab guys! im from colorado, but im going to college this semester in lindsborg kansas (near salina, about 45 min from witchita). i don't have any tools with me or really that much experience but id love to come meet up with you guys and see your rides! i got a few things done to mine too lol. let me know!

#13 ·
Hello and I think it would be fine if you could join us! More than likely, the event will take place on the 19th of May, but the location has yet to be defined. Jim, a fellow KC Saaber, may offer his tools, mechanical experience and location for this event but then if he is unavailable due to work conflicts, I have a friend at work who also offered to be a host.

What year/model Saab do you drive? What have you done to your Saab in terms of mods?

#14 · (Edited)
well shoot, I'm here, board off my butt, in rainy Kansas wishing i was in sunny fort collins, ill try and list everything.

1999 9-3 5-door

power
-custom 3inch turbo back exhaust (no cat ;oops: one muffler) had local shop fab it up, down pipe looks like it flows as good as any i have seen, if not better, really pleased with it
-genuine saab intake
-one off intercooler with 3 inch end tanks (little BIGGER then jak stoll's :eek: )
-jak stoll 50lb/hr injectors
-jak stoll big t28 hybrid turbo
-jak stoll custom tune (maybe called a stage 5?)

handeling
-MP performance rear sway bar
-Mp performance steering rack brace and clamp
-ibach springs and billistines
-9000 upper motor mount with polly bushings

visual
-BBS rk 17x8 powder coated gunmetal (looks gnarly) with kumho ecsta mx
-OEM dark side markers
-no more orange plastic in front lights
-just got speedparts floor mats yesterday yay!!lol (gave me AT LEAST 9BHP:lol: )

brakes
-fresh OEM brakes :cry: , really need to change this. some day ill get genuine's 300mm rear brake kit and some kind of big front brakes (maybe some porsche big reds) but right now go kart racing it taking lots of my cash, so that will have to wait.

im 19 now, i think i got the car when i was 17, not bad for two years

with my money going towards college, kart racing, and mountain biking, i think the mods on the saab-a-toge (other then the 6 point subframe brace which im ordering soon) are going to cease to exist for a wile, but i still have plans for it. iv grown quite attached to my car, and will never sell it so it's only a matter of time and money till i build it some more. after brakes, im thinking ill build up the blown 2.3 i have out of a 9000 cse and match it with a gt3076r. ill have to figure out how im going build my transmission for that. then ill attack the interior and get some recaros, and i dream of a navigation system someday. if i ever get all that done, ill find some viggen bumpers, but thats not till shes a beast! couldn't justify the cash for a viggen setup until i already have a gnarly 2.3

your meeting on the 19th?! dang, i head back to colorado the 17th...

#15 ·
WOW! :eek: That's quite a selection of mods!

Thus far for me, I've totaled up this.
MBC+A
K&N Filter
3" Flared Port Tube intake
TBTC Porting
Removed Turbo Silencer
22mm GS ARB
Leather E-Brake Boot
Mintex Front Pads

Soon...
GS Steering Rack Clamp and Brace
Mintex Rear Pads

I wish I was able to get much of what you have had done to your car, to mine as well. Doesn't it suck that all the go fast parts are cheaper than the stop fast and turn fast parts? lol

I haven't heard an exhuast modded Saab yet, in person anyway, so I would definitely like to hear yours someday. Maybe you can post-pone your trip back to Colorado and come to our meet? ;) :cool:

#17 ·
We should go race down there.

Hey Ben, long time no hear:cool: I have been running my 2.3 gt3071 on the track in Bandimere with crappy tires. I can only get a 13.8 at 109.81mph up here so far with bad tires. Got some new bfg drag radials and think that will help.

I was thinking I would like to come down there in Kansas near you and try a 1/4 mile track at lower elevation. You should check into tracks near by and we could hook up one weekend or something and see how they run at lower elevation..:cool:

Any guys in the area with Saabs know of a track and or are interested in meeting up sometime to run the 1/4 mile for fun?

John

#18 ·
There is KCIR near my place, they hold thursday night and saturday drags. Basically, race what you brought. Racing IIRC is about $20 per car, as many entries as their are available. Heartland Park in Topeka might be closer for you, they have a road course and a drag strip, but I'm not sure of the costs, availability and times.

John, if you would like to try to make the trip, I'm not sure if it would be possible, but if it is, we could all also go for a drag track day at KCIR post upgrades and all? Sound like a plan? A benefit of using my co-workers place for the parts session is that it is actually VERY close to KCIR. A small bit further away than my place, but still close none the less.

Any of you KC area Saabers think this may be a good idea? Do some tooling, a short cruise, and then off to the local strip?

#20 ·
what up john! i want to see the vert so badly! i was going to call you this week to see if you wanted to meet up at bandimere sometime soon! my buddy just bough an s60R, and he wants to come too. this is my last day of class here in kansas, and ill be back in colorado sometime next week. i don't know if we have enough time to meet up someplace in kansas, unless we can do it this coming weekend, as ill be back in colorado for good soon. i didn't like the school i was at, and im going to school in colorado again next semester. i would be more interested in road racing then drag times personally... if you guys want to meet up this weekend, or i could maybe stay around here till the weekend after (don't know when they kick us out of the dorms yet). if we can't get this to work out, john you and i should go to pueblo road coarse, they have a drag stip too.

#21 ·
Hey Ben, yea we will be test/tune this Wed night and I already have plans for Saturday, bracket racing in the sport/compact class. I guess I cannot make it this time. Sorry. I expect to get into the low 13's up here and should be able to get into the high 12's near sea-level. Give me a call when you get back,

John

#23 ·
As posted in the Lounge,

This saturday, May 19 at around 12 noon, is going to be our Saab meet. As soon as I hear from someone about the location, I'll be able to post it on this thread and the one in the Lounge.

Not much else is new, except for the post, but if you do plan on attending, please, either post here or in the Lounge so I can send you directions.

Thanks and I hope to see you this saturday!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.