SaabCentral Forums banner

Mounting & Balancing charge

894 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Corn Cob 
#1 ·
I am about to purchase some tires for my new wheels and i am in a predicament. I am going to get a set of 4 Kuhmo Ecsta SPT 225-17-45's. I have found them on a few websites for under 90 bucks each. Treadepot has them for 80 bucks a pop with 9$ shipping. I also just got off the phone with Sullivan tire and they can have 4 SPT's in, mounted and balanced for $650. Now what i am wondering is if i order them online, how much is a autobody/tire store gonna cost me to have them mounted and balanced? Does anyone have ball park figure from past experience?

#4 ·
Do you have Discount Tire stores in your area? In their stores, I've found that they will match their own internet prices if you ask. The advantage is that you then get lifetime free rotation and balance, plus a pro-rated road hazard warranty.

They're not the cheapest on the internet, but I've found them to a be a good value.

#7 ·
I wish there was a Discount tire in NH, let alone anywhere in New England. They seem to offer a lot of benefits besides simply tires. I'm contemplating ordering my tires from discounttire online just because of the free shipping, which i haven't seen offered from other websites. If there are any other online tire stores i should check out before i hit the buy button, lemme know.

#8 ·
I charge $16.50 a wheel, I should charge more for all I do though. If the seal is gunked up I wire wheel it, I don't just put bead sealer on there like most shops. On alloys I put the weights on the inside only. I also anti-seaze the mating surfaces of the wheel and the studs. I would say when you go somewhere if you can be in the shop with whoever is doing it then that is better. Ask questions, if they aren't happy to answer you then you picked the wrong place. If I were you I would also pick a place that is privatly owned, they are more likly to do a good job. A big chain can loose you as a customer and it isn't going to hurt them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.