SaabCentral Forums banner

Resprayed wheels for the Viggen

3K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  hkayssi 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Trying to figure if I like it or not, and I think i do. It looks pretty damn cool for sure, and is different. I would have gone the other way, blue inner and black outer. And this is coming from a person that has a porsche that has all blacked out fuchs wheels. In other words I have been sent to porsche hell for doing that to these original wheels.

#10 ·
SaabLV93 said:
where did you get your carbon hood? I want one!
Since you're in the US, you'll have better luck buying a used one that was made by Kevin Yankton here's a pic of 2 CF hoods he made.

http://www.kyankton.net/images/enlarged/Carbon/NG900_StockHood1.jpg
http://www.kyankton.net/images/enlarged/Carbon/NG900_CarbonHoodVented1.jpg

Unfortunately he's out of the business as well :cry:
I think the mold might still be up for sale though. I just saw it.
http://www.kyankton.net/sale.htm

#11 ·
that sucks. the one person i know who makes carbon parts for saabs has all his molds up for sale. I guess i'm outta luck. unless some up-and-coming carbon fabricator decides to buy up those molds and produces the same quality products. I wish!

They're great cars, just a bit heavy for me. If you can change the hood, fenders, doors, and rear qtr panels to carbon, i bet that's at least 200lbs. that could be shed. then change the front seats to some sparcos or recaros, and there goes another 40-70lbs. ahhhh.....at least i can dream....

#12 ·
SaabLV93 said:
that sucks. the one person i know who makes carbon parts for saabs has all his molds up for sale. I guess i'm outta luck. unless some up-and-coming carbon fabricator decides to buy up those molds and produces the same quality products. I wish!

They're great cars, just a bit heavy for me. If you can change the hood, fenders, doors, and rear qtr panels to carbon, i bet that's at least 200lbs. that could be shed. then change the front seats to some sparcos or recaros, and there goes another 40-70lbs. ahhhh.....at least i can dream....
I'm guessing you're talking about Kevin Yankton. I think Abott Racing bought some of his molds but I'm not sure which. I saw something recently for sale saying Abbot Racing on it and looked like Kevin's work. I think there was a thread on this forum about it too (within the last month)

#14 · (Edited)
SaabLV93 said:
for sure i know it was the engine cover. i wonder if anyone is campaigning to perhaps convince the guys at GS to buy them up...? that would be great so the prices wouldn't skyrocket. somehow i think abbott will have a bigger mark up...
I agree with you on that. Kevin's prices were very high as he sold very limited quantities!

By the way Pade. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice wheels :cheesy:

#25 ·
Thanks a lot for all the positive feedback.
I thought long and hard how to paint them and I have to say they came out way better than I expected, so needless to say I'm very pleased :)

It's funny with the corners, here in Scandinavia people upgrade to US-spec corners while you guys go for clear corners :D But I think I might have to peel off the orange bit thought. Smoked might also work since I will get a modded carbon grill soon so it would go better with the hood :)

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.