Saab Central - Features
The Saab 9-5: Miscellaneous
Saab 9-5 2003 - Now it’s more exciting than ever before to drive a turbodiesel.
A Saab is aimed at you who really enjoy driving. If you’ve ever put a Saab through its paces, you’ll know exactly what we mean. If you haven’t, there’s a rewarding experience awaiting you. The turbodiesel engine character suits our cars perfectly, their high torque at low revs make overtaking rapid. Inside the car there’s a driver’s environment that is as inspiring as it is relaxing, matched to a firm, alert chassis that responds to your every input. And you will naturally get a car with an exceptionally high level of safety.
The Saab 9-5 is available as a sporty Sedan and a versatile Wagon. Both can be specified with our 3-litre V6 high-performance diesel, or an economical four-cylinder 2.2 TiD.
In the all new Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan the focus is firmly on the sheer pleasure of driving. The overtaking performance of the 2.2-litre turbo diesel engine is on a level with our more powerful petrol engines.
No matter which Saab turbodiesel you test drive, you’re going to see that our cars are aimed at people who really enjoy driving.
The Saab 9-5
You can choose the Saab 9-5 as a versatile Wagon or as a sporty Sedan. Whichever you prefer, you’ll easily forget it’s a large and spacious car that also allows your passengers to travel in high comfort and safety. The outstanding ride and roadholding invite you to drive actively, making the car inspiring, safe and entertaining.
The Saab 9-5 Sedan and Wagon — capacity for miles, passengers and luggage alike
Be in control of the road. The foremost driving characteristic of the Saab 9-5 is a clarity of response that is unusual in a car of this size. The firm chassis with its multi-link rear axle and direct steering quite simply helps you interpret what is happening on the road. This is what makes the car so pleasant and inspiring to drive.
The 3.0 TID V6-engine: Naturally this high-performance diesel has all the advanced technology that you would expect, such as four common-rail fuel injection, overhead camshafts, 24 valves, variable turbo and more. The overall effect is seamless on-demand performance, a recurring hallmark of Saab turbo engines. 350 Nm of torque is available from 1800 r/min, resulting in superb acceleration for rapid overtaking. In fact, it will thrust you from 60 to 100 km/h in just 7.5 seconds and it offers a top speed of 215 km/h.
The 2.2 TiD engine: This engine pro vides power enough for quick overtaking combined with low fuel consumption, making it ideal for driving long distances. In the outside lane, it will sweep you from 60 to 100 km/h in 8.4 seconds. Fuel consumption in highway driving is 5.2 litres/100 km.
Driver environment and infotainment: Sit behind the wheel and you’ll feel immediately at home. The seat offers excellent comfort. The controls and instruments are positioned in logical groups on the curved panel. And you can choose between three Saab Forms to create a car with an interior that matches your personality. You can also choose between several audio systems — all specially developed for the interior of the Saab 9-5. Moreover, you can have an integrated DVD-based navigation system which opens up even more possibilities with its interactive screen. The DVD disc has maps of most of Europe. as well as information about everything from hotels and recreation sites to filling stations.
Saab 9-5 Sedan/Wagon 2.2 TiD, engine specification
- Engine type: Four-cylinder turbodiesel.
- Displacement: 2.171 dm3.
- EEC rating: 88 kW (120 bhp) at 4000 r/min.
- EEC peak torque: 280 Nm at 1500—3000 r/min.
- Transmission: Manual 5-speed or optional Automatic 5-speed.
- Top speed, manual: 200 km/h (Wagon 195 km/h).
- Acceleration to 100 km/h, manual: 11.0 sec (Wagon 11.9 sec).
- Overtaking acceleration, manual: 60—100 km/h in fourth gear 8.4 sec (Wagon 9.1 sec).
- Fuel consumption, manual 1/100 km*: 9.0/5.2/6.6 (Wagon 9.3/5.4/6.9).
- C02 emission, manual g/km*: 238/139/175 (Wagon 240/145/178).
Saab 9-5 Sedan/Wagon 3.0 TiD, engine specification
- Engine type: Six-cylinder turbodiesel (V6).
- Displacement: 2.958 dm3.
- EEC rating: 130 kW (176 bhp) at 4000 r/min.
- EEC peak torque: 350 Nm at 1800—3000 r/min.
- Transmission: Manual 5-speed.
- Top speed: 215 km/h (Wagon 210 km/h).
- Acceleration to 100 km/h: 9.3 sec (Wagon 9.8 sec).
- Overtaking acceleration: 60—100 km/h in fourth gear 7.5 sec (Wagon 7.7 sec).
- Fuel consumption 1/100 km*: 10.0/5.8/7.3 (Wagon 10.3/6.0/7.6).
- C02 emission g/km*: 259/150/191 (Wagon 272/161/202).
* City/Highway/Combined according to 1999/100 EC. Figures for the 9-5 2.2 TID automatic not available at the time of final editing.
Examples of standard equipment Saab 9-5 Turbodiesel Range
- Air conditioning.
- Cabin air filter electrostatic/carbon.
- Electrically operated windows.
- Electrically operated / heated door mirrors.
- Remotely controlled central locking.
- Night Panel function.
- Saab Information Display (temp/con sumption, etc.).
- Cup holders.
- Rear seat split-fold.
- Saab Active Head Restraint (SAHR), front.
- Driver’s and passenger’s airbag.
- Side airbags, front.
- Seatbelt pre-tensioners, front.
- Three-point seatbelts for all seats.
- Load-shifting protection in the rear seat.
- Immobiliser and theft security locking.
- Follow-me-home lightning.
copyright © 2003 - 2011 saabcentral.com, All rights reserved http://www.whiter.co.uk - valid xhtml
- valid css
SaabCentral is an independently run website and is not affiliated in any way to Saab Automobile AB.